Brian R. Murphy
Brian was born and raised in Fort Mill, South Carolina and graduated from Fort Mill High School. Brian earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Winthrop University in business administration with an emphasis in computer information systems, graduating cum laude. After working for a computer engineering firm, he attended law school at the University of South Carolina, School of Law.
Brian was honored with memberships in the South Carolina Law Review, the law school’s flagship scholarly journal focusing on legal issues, and the Order of the Wig and Robe, a legal scholastic organization that recognizes students with the most outstanding scholastic records. Additionally, he received the CALI awards in Civil Procedure I, Civil Procedure II, and Income Tax. The CALI award recognizes the achievement of the student with the highest grade in the class. He also had the opportunity to assist fellow law students in their study and exam preparation for Property Law through the school’s academic assistance program. Brian participated in the Federalist Society, the Christian Legal Society, and the Republican Law Society.
Brian is an active member of the community, serving on the Board of Trustees of the Fort Mill Rescue Squad, the Board of Directors of the Bumblebee Fund assisting families of children with special needs, and the Board of Directors of Tsunami Ministries, Inc.--empowering youth, youth ministries, and youth workers. Brian is a member of the Fort Mill Rotary Club, the York County Bar Association, the South Carolina Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the South Carolina Association for Justice, and the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Justice Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina
- Winthrop University, Rock Hill, South Carolina
- Major: Business Administration
Honors and Awards
- CALI awards in Civil Procedure I
- CALI awards in Civil Procedure II
- CALI awards in Income Tax
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Fort Mill Rotary Club, Member
- The York County Bar Association, Member
- The South Carolina Bar Association, Member
- The American Bar Association, Member
- The South Carolina Association for Justice, Member
- The National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Member